The property has an abundant selection of fruit trees including apricots, pears, lemons, mulberries and peaches. It is home to Australia’s largest magnolia tree and 100-year old willows cascading over the outdoor entertaining areas.
Two hours’ drive from both Sydney and Canberra, Braebrook is situated in Kangaroo Valley and conveniently located 6km from the village. The property has a rich history and was once part of the original Kangaroo Valley dairy farm. In the 1970s attempts were made to create a micronation on the site (Little Scotland). Today it is a beautifully renovated retreat surrounded by mature trees and serenely situated at the foothills of the Upper Kangaroo River.
The house accommodates up to 9 people:
- Bedroom 1 – 1 x queen bed
- Bedroom 2 – 2 x king single beds & 1 x single pull-out trundle bed
- Bedroom 3 – 1 x queen bed
- Double pull-out bed in sunroom which can be closed for privacy with bi-folds
- Two bathrooms:
- Bathroom 1 – large bathroom with substantial bath, shower and toilet
- Bathroom 2 – shower and toilet
- Laundry – washer and dryer in Bathroom 1 (main bathroom)
Dining, entertaining & relaxing:
- Large kitchen with island bench and adjoining sunroom – All amenities for foodies are supplied for your use (stainless steel saucepans, baking dishes, Nespresso machine, 90cm SMEG oven, etc.)
- Indoor dining table – 3.7m long
- Living room with large wood burning stove, gas heater and 51 Inch LED TV (5 local channels) and a Blu-ray/DVD player
- Ducted A/C and ceiling fans in main living areas
- Electric heaters provided in all bedrooms
- Large outdoor area with 8-seater outside setting, outdoor lounge suite & 5-burner BBQ
Please meet our resident Miniature Galloways – Dusty, Lucky and Steve. Chosen for their size, temperament and a nod to the Scottish heritage of the property. They have been hand raised and very friendly and will moo when your car arrives, you are welcome to feed them – in fact they are likely to expect it!